Apply to join Lemler Group today!
As our Tax Specialist in Indianapolis, IN, you will be translating tax returns into advice and strategies for our clients and partners. You’re their everyday guide when they have questions, are staring down an audit, or it’s tax time. They rely on you to help, not just with the details and data but to understand why they’re asking and care about what happens next to them. In between tax work, you will also be collaborating with the audit team to assist in the audit process. To thrive in this role, you will have filed a 990 and 1065 before while working with a team.
Lemler Group, LLC is an audit and tax firm composed of nine team members based out of Indianapolis. We’re more than an audit and tax firm. We translate our client’s financial data into a story that helps not-for-profit and affordable housing leadership teams and executive boards see the full picture and make decisions confidently with that intel. We’re not typical – our work is about building a relationship and understanding the client story to create a partnership that will last and is built on trust. We also care about our people and the culture we create. Our amazing team members help us create a work environment that will encourage your ideas, appreciate your insight, and value your contributions. Because of the collaborative culture we’ve created, this position is in the office and not remote. Our team enjoys not only working together, but being together.
- High deductible insurance plan that pays 50% of employee premium
- 401(k) plan with 4% match – eligible after one year of service
- 13 paid Holidays
- Paid time off
Here’s what you can expect on a typical day for this tax/audit hybrid role:
- Meet with everyone on the team to discuss your top 3 priorities and how you will succeed for the day
- Prepare 1065 partnership and 990 not-for-profit tax returns
- Prepare personal property tax returns
- Assist the audit team in preparation of audits as needed
- Present to clients in a way that’s not just delivering data, but telling their financial story
- Support clients through a hybrid of tax and audit work, looking objectively at the current and future state of their financial situation to create strategies
- Prepare discussions with client needs in mind that include empathy and understanding to keep them informed
- Work with our audit team to ask the right questions and dig deep on details
- Go home happy
What Happens Next:
Apply! Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll contact you within five days for next steps. You’re interviewing us as much as we’re interviewing you. We trust that through our longer and intentional interview process, you will get a glimpse of our culture and a day in the life at Lemler Group, LLC. We are excited to connect!
We see relationships.